Garlic is a relative of onions, chives and leeks. Its botanical name is Allium Sativum, and it belongs to the Lily family. Garlic has lot of different benefits for your health and it covers three of the major aspects of health which are a healthy heart, cancer prevention, and a powerful tool for infection prevention.
I love garlic! I eat it in almost everything and to be honest even if there were no benefits to it – I would still eat it all the time. But the wonders of garlic is what keeps most people chomping on this powerful food – like the fact that it can help prevent and fight extreme illnesses such as heart disease and cancer.
We all know that garlic is beneficial as it has been one of the most popular natural remedies of all time to this day. Because it is a well known food it is even acceptable to the most sceptical people when it comes to natural health and supplements.
One great thing about garlic is that it is cheap, grown everywhere easily, and is readily available for your use.
Another great thing about garlic is there are no bad side effects from it. You may get heartburn or a mild digestive discomfort but this happens when eating raw fresh garlic; Compared to other forms of medicine and some herbs, that’s doable for the benefits it produces.
The research has been done and the results are convincing more and more people every day that garlic packs a powerful punch.
So here are just some reasons to start adding garlic to your daily menu.
1. Garlic lowers cholesterol.
2. Garlic thins blood and can reduce blood pressure which is wonderful for you circulation.
3. Garlic can be used in home remedies for colds, chest and throat problems, yeast infections, mouth infections as well as many other mild and chronic infections like bronchitis, sinusitis, laryngitis, infection of the stomach like gastroenteritis, and skin infections like athlete’s foot and ringworm.
4. Garlic gives a boost to your immune system and helps to attack and get rid of bacteria and fungi.
5. It cleanses the body by removing chemicals, waste, and toxins.
6. it’s a huge cancer preventive measure – In fact, the research has proven that in the prevention of cancer, garlic is the most helpful food.
7. It has antifungal, antibacterial, and an antiseptic properties – Garlic is safer then antibiotics and research has shown that garlic has a wider range of action than antibiotics – even though it is less potent and milder.
If you don’t like fresh garlic you can buy garlic in capsules. But remember fresh and raw is always best to get the most of garlic, and any food for that matter. Once you start to cook or alter the garlic in any way you start to eliminate and lessen the benefits for you.